Sunnyvale, California, United States
23andMe’s Backoffice team is looking to hire a Senior Software Engineer to help create and grow applications that support our business units across Marketing, E-commerce, Sales and Finance. As a Senior Software Engineer, some of your responsibilities will encompass the following: software delivery ownership, mentorship, personal contribution, and continuous improvement and evangelizing of our technical practices.
You will guide and design compelling new features, and contribute innovative solutions to challenging engineering problems to make those features real and perform. You'll lead by example and share your product delivery wisdom, wit, and experience across the team. Join our growing team and enjoy a collaborative environment with small project teams working on a variety of tasks ranging from web and application development to genotype data processing. You will be leading our efforts in building and scaling applications to streamline and automate our business processes.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You'll Do
● Deliver secure, high-quality and testable code on time
● Collaborate with product, design and engineering teams on the strategic vision for our product roadmap
● Thoughtfully decompose functional and technical requirements into clean architectures and designs
● Design APIs for cloud applications
● Drive technical excellence through code and design reviews
● Evolve and improve existing backend systems to support our ambitious product roadmap
● Mentor other engineers and become an important part of the tapestry of our engineering culture
What You'll Bring
● BS in Engineering or related field with a minimum of 6 years’ industry experience
● Experience leading projects from planning phase to delivery
● Experience building financial application products (Order Management, Billing, E-commerce)
● Experience mentoring other engineers
● A team player attitude with comfortability operating in a highly collaborative environment
● Working knowledge of Python and/or significant exposure to different programming languages and paradigms
● Deep understanding of web security and cryptography concepts
Tools we use and teach
Note: Ability to work from 23andMe's office in Sunnyvale, CA a minimum of 3 days per week
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.
23andMe takes a market-based approach to pay, and amounts will vary depending on your geographic location. The salary range reflected here is for a candidate based in the San Francisco Bay Area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
San Francisco Bay Area Base Pay Range
Sr. Software Engineer I: $150,000 - $224,000 USD
Sr. Software Engineer II: $158k,000 - $238,000 USD