Join a world-class technology company building tools to make online spaces safer.
As Senior Director of Sales, you’ll be “boarding a rocket ship” and helping us capitalize on our momentum to bring a market-defining product to the wider games industry. Together with your team and alongside leaders from our C-suite, product, marketing, partnerships, and account management teams, you’ll have opportunities to shape our strategies as well as to get your hands dirty on the front lines.
The salary for this position is set at $200,000/yr ($300,000 OTE). This position will operate under our hybrid policy with 3 days per week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday) in-office in Somerville, MA.
To avoid losing progress on your application, please feel free to complete responses separately in a local or cloud-saved document. If you encounter an error, any responses entered in the fields on the application will not be saved.
- Manage the sales team (currently three FTEs); combining your enterprise sales experience with their knowledge of Modulate’s solution, processes, and pipeline
- Work with the CEO, wider C-suite, and other company leaders to provide visibility into sales initiatives and needs, deepening the ways Modulate’s culture and cross-team processes bake in business intelligence
- Rally the sales team to close deals! We’re first to market with a product that solves a burning problem, builds customer appreciation and engagement, and solves incoming regulatory challenges. You should be ready to leverage these advantages to bring in revenue, primarily through coaching your team plus, when appropriate, by diving in headfirst yourself
- Experience leading/managing a sales team and ability to translate a set of targets into "here's what we need in order to accomplish that"
- Proven experience selling SaaS products within the games industry, ideally including sales to AAA studios
- Familiarity with consultative “land and expand” sales models, and comfort building deep rapport with customers as a partner rather than as a vendor
- No lone wolves - we're seeking team players that emphasize collaboration and can communicate candidly and with precision when needed
- Recognition of the importance of culture and shared enthusiasm for Modulate’s culture goals and methodology
- Familiarity with the scaling stage of a startup and the challenges which arise on cross-functional projects, and come prepared to help guide our team as we continue to grow
- Bonus for familiarity with relevant topics like trust & safety best practices, regulatory compliance, and AI / ML technology
NOTE for the questions "Your fit for the role", "Your values/goals", and "Why Modulate?" on the following form:
Please avoid disclosing any details which would directly reveal your race, age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or other protected demographic status. We are only looking for information which directly relates to your ability to succeed in the given role. (For this same reason, resumes will not be viewed during the initial steps of the hiring process, as it’s been shown that resumes often lead to strong biases in hiring processes. If you feel that elements of your resume directly correspond to the questions below, though, feel free to copy them in.)
No unsolicited agencies, please.