PackageX is the world’s first Headless Logistics Cloud. Hundreds of enterprises - across all industries - use PackageX’s flexible first-to-last yard logistics APIs and infrastructure to digitize manual workflows, connect siloed point solutions and drive customer retention.
Our vision is to build the most advanced logistics infrastructure company that orchestrates the movement of physical things and becomes the defining backbone of the digital supply chain.
We're a fast-growing seed-stage startup in New York City with a distributed global team backed by Sierra Ventures, Ludlow Ventures, MXV Capital, Pareto Holdings, and other strategic investors and angels.
What we are looking for
We are looking for an Application Security Engineer. You will be responsible for analyzing the security of applications and services, uncovering and remediation of security issues, implementing security automation, and quickly responding to new threat situations. This is an extraordinary opportunity to be part of a high-performing team and pursue a life-changing mission with unique technical challenges!
- Drive adoption of security best practices and embed cloud security controls as part of the SDLC.
- Conduct internal vulnerability testing using leading industry tools.
- Document, maintain, and help implement security policies and practices.
- Report to the engineering management team on security gaps, issues, failures, or concerns of established applications, infrastructure frameworks, and architecture to remediate and provide early solutions to problems.
- Prepare system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends, including recommendations.
- Perform code reviews and work directly with developers to ensure effective and secure code development practices.
- Create security specifications, develop processes, and evaluate tools to assist in the secure development of applications and services.
- Implement security automation and frameworks for code quality and testing.
- Assist in the implementation of security-related product features like authentication, cryptography, etc.
- Perform vulnerability and penetration testing and present assessment reports to clearly document security findings with reasonable methods to secure.
- Participate actively in product design meetings, providing insight and direction related to application security risks.
- Implement DevSecOps practices that focus on automation to improve the efficiency of testing and remediation of findings.
- Monitor the security community regularly for public-facing security issues and new testing tactics.
- Work in an agile development environment, collaborating successfully with engineering teams.
We are looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years of experience in the application security and security engineering space.
- Proven ability to build, manage and monitor mission-critical environments.
- Direct experience in securing networks, web applications, intrusion detection, defense and incident response, security configuration management, access controls design and implementation, and security policy and standards development.
- Experience with static code analysis and dynamic code analysis with security code reviews.
- Familiarity with security in serverless architecture and application designs.
- Solid understanding of application security vulnerabilities (OWASP top 10) and counter measures to reduce related risks.
- Knowledge of RESTful API design/development.
- Hands-on experience with security tools, such as DAST and SAST.
- Strong experience in application penetration testing, common vulnerability analysis techniques, and information security threat vectors.
- Experience with Fuzzing, reverse engineering, and advanced exploitation techniques.
- Experience with AWS and GCP.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s in Computer Science, engineering, information systems, or related field or equivalent experience.
What can you expect from the application process?
All applications will be looked at by the People team who will reach out to shortlisted candidates. Across various interview rounds you'll speak with the hiring manager and other functional heads. We want to have an open discussion about your work and how we can be a great fit for each other. The process may also involve an assessment or presentation relevant to the role. You can expect an offer after three rounds of interviews. All offers are subject to satisfactory reference and background checks.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, genetics, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.