Who we are:
We are a brilliant team making our own history to evolve the ecommerce industry. Our mission is to accelerate the gross merchandise value of the internet by ending the pain of replatforming. Our products are centered around optimizing the digital commerce experience so everyone has the opportunity to shop seamlessly. We provide them with the last platform they will ever need.
Your next career move should be bold and we have the experience you are seeking. We build and ship products & solutions that enable merchants to compete and deliver a world class differentiated shopping experience online.
Are you a disruptor? We want your ideas, skills, and expertise to help build our products that will make customers happier when they shop online and we want to build these tools in such a way that any merchant can deploy these experiences painlessly and quickly, The best part? Every bit of your work at fabric will help scale the business of our customers.
No matter what field you are in, fabric has exciting opportunities for people who are passionate about making a difference and skilled at what they do!
Here are four questions you should ask yourself:
- Do I believe in fabric's mission?
- Am I eager to build cool things?
- Am I excited to collaborate with brilliant people?
- Am I motivated to disrupt e-commerce?
If the answer is yes, we want to talk to you!
Your next career:
Senior Software Development Engineer – Backend Engineer, partners with Product, Engineering, Clients, and Design teams to deliver new features and enhancements for fabric’s Order Management System and Supply Chain capabilities. This position focuses on providing eCommerce and related technology expertise to design, develop, and support online, customer-facing products.
The successful candidate will have experience as a strong, hands-on technologist who has a track record of delivering complex distributed systems. A person who is comfortable with multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment is required. Work with other engineers, managers, Product Management, and Clients to develop product features that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, realistic implementation schedules and adherence to development goals and principles.
Be part of a transformational team that will change the e-commerce SAAS developer experience, provide a world-class order management system, and supports the expansion of the fabric through integrations, customer launches, and wider adoption.
- Be the engineering advocate for technical design and implement high-performance, scalable solutions.
- Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and roll out applications with cross-functional impact.
- Own continuous improvement and fine-tuning of platform performance, scalability, and security.
- Independently design, code, and test major features, as well as work jointly with other team members to deliver complex changes.
- Deliver consistently with little supervision. Flexible approach to analyzing technical issues, gathering requirements, and clearly communicating recommendations/solutions.
- Drive and improve org/company-wide engineering/operational excellence by enforcing best practices.
- Proficient in agile development methodologies.
- Mentor engineers on the team
What you bring to the table:
- 6-10 years of Software Development professional experience
- Experience building scalable solutions in a cloud environment using Containers
- Experience leading teams distributed across multiple locations and/or time zones
- Experience in building out business operator tools and the challenges at operating at scale
- Strong understanding of software design patterns and principles
- Experience setting architecture vision and strategy for a team
- Experience in building OpenAPI-compliant APIs
- Experience in Microservice architecture, Stream, Sockets, and Event-driven architecture
- Experience in low-level programming on SQL, NoSQL, and Graph databases
- Experience in CICD for executing steps in the pipeline including deployments
- Experience with one or more testing tools and frameworks like Postman, RestAssured etc.
This role will receive a competitive salary, along with a variable compensation, equity and benefits. A variety of factors are considered when determining someone's compensation - including a candidates professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.
The base salary for this role will be between USD 137k to USD 185k.
What we bring to the table:
- Competitive compensation packages
- PTO and Holiday plans
- Benefits packages which include Medical, Dental, Life, and Vision
- Wellness & Technology Programs
- 401k Program
- Fast-paced, fun and collaborative environment
- A team invested in you both personally and professionally
*fabric is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.
fabric requires all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work in-person in our offices and externally with any third-parties, unless the employee requests and is granted an accommodation. Questions about this requirement should be addressed to fabric’s People team.