The Technical Program Manager role (TPM) sits within our Core Services team, which is in turn is part of our larger One Global Delivery Organization (OGD). With over 275 people, OGD consists of 3 main service lines focused solely on the goal of getting our customers live on our TXM platform on time, on budget, and to a consistently high standard of quality, delivering experiences that delight along the way. As a TPM you will have overall accountability for the successful delivery of our platform, working closely with customers from contract signature through to launch. This role calls for a strong leader who is a strong Technologist, Consultant and Program Manager. Your role will be to own project delivery, providing both functional and technical consultation while managing resources across the different teams within OGD responsible for supporting delivery.
To be successful as a TPM you will be unequivocally self-motivated, curious and above all, customer obsessed. You will have a passion for technology and how it can drive real and long-term business value. You will possess excellent communication skills coupled with the ability to think strategically, manage risks preemptively and coordinate and lead resources to ensure successful solution delivery.
- You will be the primary point of contact for our customers throughout implementation, owning all facets of service delivery on Phenom’s behalf - including planning, requirements gathering, resource and budget management, risk management, governance and stakeholder management - ultimately driving the success of the implementation.
- As the trusted advisor to your customers, you will maintain a holistic view of their end to end solution, ensuring optimal setup for maximum value realization. Through a series of discovery workshops you will advise on and validate technical setup and integrations.. You will also consult on functional configuration, bringing in subject matter experts from across OGD where needed.
- When delivering products / features in early stages of maturity, you will work with your OGD colleagues in Phenom Advisory along with Product Management to ensure successful delivery for your customer while helping gather valuable market readiness insights allowing us to continue to develop and improve our platform.
- Finally, you will track and communicate project performance to all stakeholders (internal and external), ensuring that deliverables are managed within appropriate risk tolerance levels.
Key success factors
- Program and Personnel Management: You will coordinate several implementation programs working with resources across many teams. You must develop and manage your program's plan, leading the teams that ultimately execute much of the work. As such you are expected to possess excellent resource management, relationship building, negotiating and influencing skills. You will often be required to make strategic decisions requiring buy-in from other teams, which you will achieve by developing the trust and respect of their Phenom colleagues.
- Technical Aptitude: You must possess a foundational knowledge of SaaS technology architecture and common web technologies, along with an understanding of standard integration protocols and SSO setup. You will quickly develop a high-level technical understanding of our TXM platform, allowing you to consult on standard technical setup.
- Functional and Business Process Consulting: Whilst you can draw on expertise from your OGD colleagues for in-depth customer consulting, you will have developed consulting skills and a fundamental understanding of HR Technologies, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management practices, roles and challenges. This allows you to provide guidance and best practices to ensure delivery of an end to end solution that is not only technically sound, but supports your customers processes and helps them achieve their business goals.
- Risk Management and Decision Making: You must have the ability to recognize, measure, and mitigate risks associated with program implementations. You must be able to make prudent decisions concerning an organization's time, resources, and personnel to achieve desired outcomes.
- Customer Empathy and Focus on Business Goals : Prioritizing customers needs is at the core of the TPM role. To be successful, you will need to quickly understand your customer’s business goals and drive implementations within a framework that consistently achieves those goals.
- Communication : TPMs are required to communicate customer business objectives, project timelines, risks and mitigative measures etc. to a diverse set of stakeholders. You will be expected to communicate complex technical ideas to both technical and non-technical members of your customer and internal teams.
- Relationship Building: Exceptionally effective relationship building skills are expected of this role. To be successful you must be adept at building strong relationships allowing you to become a trusted advisor both with your customers and your Phenom colleagues.
- 5+ years of hands-on technical program management experience including designing solutions for enterprise environments
- Language proficiency in German including verbal, written, and presentation skills to effectively communicate complex technical and business issues (and solutions) to diverse audiences
- Knowledge of Project Management Methodology and Software Development Life Cycles including Agile and Waterfall
- High-level understanding of Cloud Computing and hosted applications
- High-level consulting experience, both in terms of business processes and technical SaaS software setup
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills to effectively communicate complex technical and business issues (and solutions) to diverse audiences
- Proven track record in delivering multiple complex software product implementations simultaneously
Nice To Have Skills
- Hands-on technical experience in integrations/data migrations/product provisioning etc.
- Experience with SSO, SSL, URL Structure and APIs.
- Experience in Talent Acquisition/Talent Management technology and processes
- Direct experience working with Agile SCRUM or Kanban teams
**Applicants for this role must be currently authorized to work in Germany, UK and/or the Netherland. At this time, we are not accepting applicants who require sponsorship, whether now or in the future**