We hold the key to making quantum useful! Q-CTRL is a company with a deep start-up spirit with offices in Sydney, Los Angeles and Berlin. Our goal is to revolutionise the way quantum technology is used by delivering transformational, real-life outcomes for the world’s most innovative and impactful industry. Simply put, we make quantum technology useful.
We’re led by our values; to be real, be trusted, be just and to be revered. They guide us in everything we do, how we work together and how we shape the future of the quantum field. To help us do that, we’ve brought together an inspiring team of world leading physicists, engineers, product and design specialists (to name a few!). So whether you’re a quantum expert or simply unsure where you fit into a business like ours, we want to hear from you!
The Backend Software Engineering team works closely with our Quantum Control Engineering, Front-end Engineering, DevOps Engineering, Product, Marketing and Design teams. Collaboration is extremely important to us and these multiple touch points help us advocate a culture and practice of quality and continuous improvement throughout the business.
We value and strongly advocate for the best engineering practices through engineering sessions for constant process, standards and tools improvements. While our Product team guides us on building the right thing, our Engineering teams focus on building the things right. We embody the three virtues and we ❤️ our standards.
The base salary for this full-time position ranges from $82,500 - $198,000. This range reflects both the minimum and maximum annual target salary which is based on a number of factors such as experience, job related-skills, education and work location.
Please note, the base salary range provided does not include additional benefits, bonuses, employee stock options or any other forms of compensation which may be offered dependent on position level.
- Flexibility: We embrace hybrid and remote work so you can focus more on your global impact rather than rigid work schedules
- Parental support: Family comes first. We offer paid parental leave to support you and your family
- Diversity: As an equal employment opportunity employer, we value diversity, inclusion and providing equal opportunities to all. We do this by actively supporting community initiatives around the world promoting diversity and including in STEM among others
- Competitive remuneration: Enjoy the start-up life without start-up wages
- Equity: We offer the potential for equity share and annual bonuses so you have a sense of ownership in what you do
- Well funded: We closed our Series B in November 2021
- Unique culture: You’ll be surrounded by leading physicists, engineers, product, marketing and design teams globally with a strong desire to learn and transfer knowledge
- Our values: You’ll work alongside our incredibly supportive team that works consistently to deliver our core values to be real, be trusted, be just and to be revered
- Personal development: We provide you with a generous personal development and wellness budget
- Meaningful work: Last but not least, you’ll have the opportunity to work in one of the world’s leading deep technology companies and truly make an impact that matters!
Please note: Q-CTRL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We are committed to being inclusive in the way we hire. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the requirements mentioned in the job posting.
To recruitment agencies, we do not accept unsolicited branded profiles and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.