Our Amazing #Team Zaloni
We are the frontline evangelists and trusted advisors to our customers. Zaloni understands its customers require industry expertise as well as an ability to help them meet their business objectives. Zaloni Engineering is responsible for architecting, designing, and building Zaloni's flagship product - Arena.
What You’ll Do in This Role to Add Value
As a member of the Software Architecture team, you will help define, design and deliver new features in Zaloni’s data management product Arena. You will provide thought leadership and drive innovation to define and realize Zaloni’s next generation of product offerings. You will collaborate with multiple internal teams Product Management, Engineering, Professional Services, Customer Success and Marketing and have the opportunity to influence company strategy.
This is a technical leadership role so you will use your expertise in modern enterprise software technologies and practices to guide and empower scrum teams to continuously improve on quality, agility and velocity. We value passion for quality, centered on delighting the customer and a high level of individual responsibility.
As a Software Architect your day-to-day responsibilities will be fluid and varied, and a balancing act between tactical priorities and strategic initiatives.
At a high level the architect team has 3 key pillars of responsibility. These are listed below with a sampling of activities in each bucket.
● Grooming for Product Features:
○ Partner with the Product Management team to define features for scrum teams
○ Help move towards self-empowered scrum teams by coaching and assisting scrum team
members to take on feature and story grooming.
○ Help with the solution approach for features
○ De-risk features through targeted research spikes and prototypes
● Strategic Product Architecture
○ Future state product vision and architecture
○ Investigate technical feasibility for new design directions
○ Technology exploration and innovation
● Champion for Quality
○ Cross-team guidance on best practices for design, code, test
○ Design/Code/Documentation reviews (when invited by the scrum teams) with the objective of
cross-pollinating ideas, practices and reusable components across teams
○ Help unblock the feature, CRR and Devops teams
○ Participate in sprint demos as a key stakeholder
Our Awesome Company
Zaloni simplifies big data for transformative business insights. We work with pioneering enterprises to modernize their data architecture and operationalize their data lakes to incorporate data into everyday business practices. Zaloni’s data management platform, Arena, provides total control throughout the data pipeline from ingestion to analytics, with comprehensive data management, governance and self-service data preparation capabilities for IT and business users.
A leader in big data for more than a decade, Zaloni’s expertise is deep, spans multiple industries, and has proven invaluable to customers at many of the world’s top companies. We are proud to be recognized by CRN’s 2017 Big Data 100 list, Forbes top 20 big data companies to work for, and Red Herring’s Top 100 North America Award.
For additional information, please visit www.zaloni.com.