Our Amazing #TeamZaloni
We are the frontline evangelists and trusted advisors to our customers. Zaloni understands its customers require industry expertise and the ability to help them meet their business objectives. We belong to the Professional Services department, responsible for delivering solutions and services using Zaloni’s product, Arena. The objective of this department is to help our customers succeed with Arena - this includes working with the customer to define solution architectures, preparing technical proposals, and ensuring the delivery of these solutions. Our team handles complex proof of concepts and enablement services for new clients to jump start them on the new platform. It is fully responsible for delivering projects for our customers on time and within budget.
What You’ll Do in This Role to Add Value
Zaloni is seeking a Technical Project Manager responsible for effectively managing all technical aspects of assigned projects and project teams to complete the project on time and within specifications. The Technical Project Manager must know all aspects of solution design and development and have a strong command of process components spanning software, testing, customer support, and documentation. The Technical Project Manager will prepare estimations and project plans, including schedules and work breakdown structure. He will maintain effective relationships with the Development, Product Management, Services, and Solution Test teams. The Technical Project Manager will also maintain a healthy relationship with the
customers throughout the project's life cycle and beyond. The Technical manager will be responsible for leading a team of developers. The Technical Project Manager will be responsible for coaching and mentoring the team of the processes and will be responsible for providing constructive feedback to the team members.
● Develop and maintain multiple project schedules, issues, risks, dependencies, status, and communication to key stakeholders throughout the project life cycle.
● Leverage Agile and Scrum principles knowledge to ensure that Scrum Team deliverables are met on time and within budget.
● Facilitate Agile Ceremonies, Daily Scrum meetings, Sprint Planning Meetings, End of Sprint Demos, Sprint Retrospectives, and PI Planning sessions and document minutes of meetings and action items.
● Work with two or more Agile teams at a time with minimal supervision from the leadership team.
● Ensure Agile tools are current and have the correct status captured on each user story, and task level.
● Navigate the organization to remove impediments on behalf of the team.
● Generate various project reporting (e.g., project status, team utilization report, burndown charts)
● Demonstrate strong leadership and effective decision-making and not be afraid to do things differently to achieve the necessary outcomes - identify process improvement opportunities.
● Strong problem-solving and analytical skills are essential
● Excellent communication and presentation skills; able to message at the executive level.
● Coach and mentor the reporting team on the processes. Empower the team members to develop new skills and be more productive. Carry out the mid/yearly performance review, offer constructive feedback, and be available for questions or additional training.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management, Business, or a related field is required
● Minimum of five to seven (5-7) years of professional experience in software development with at least 2+ years in Agile project management role, preferably in data management space.
● Experience in a customer-facing position similar to that of a professional services consultant or an engineer.
● Demonstrated experience leading projects through the entire product development life cycle from concept and customer requirements through the commercial launch of the product
● Demonstrated experience in matrix management and coordination of a large multi functional team consisting of Marketing, Engineering, Test, Documentation, Customer Support, and Training team members both onshore and offshore
● Must be proficient with Microsoft Productivity tools, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Agile Project Management Tools Like, Jira or Preferably Rally.
● Masters degree is helpful, but not required
● SAFe Scrum Master Certification or Certified Scrum Manager or other similar industry-recognized certification.
● Experience with tools like Jira, Rally, Lucid Charts, and Git Flow is a plus
● Software development (coding) background in any language such as Java, Scala, and Python
Our Awesome Company
Zaloni simplifies big data for transformative business insights. We work with pioneering enterprises to modernize their data architecture and operationalize their data lakes to incorporate data into everyday business practices. Zaloni’s data management platform, Arena, provides total control throughout the data pipeline from ingestion to analytics, with comprehensive data management, governance and self-service data preparation capabilities for IT and business users. A leader in big data for more than a decade, Zaloni’s expertise is deep, spans multiple industries, and has proven invaluable to customers at many of the world’s top companies.
We are proud to be recognized by CRN’s 2017 Big Data 100 list, Forbes top 20 big data companies to work for, and Red Herring’s Top 100 North America Award.
For additional information, please visit www.zaloni.com.