Our Amazing #TeamZaloni
We are the frontline evangelists and trusted advisors to our customers. Zaloni understands its customers require industry expertise as well as an ability to help them meet their business objectives. Zaloni Engineering is responsible for architecting, designing, and building Zaloni flagship product - Arena.
What You’ll Do in This Role to Add Value
Zaloni engineers play a key role in building out new features of our Arena product, which enables our customers to manage their data lake infrastructure and speeds up gaining valuable insights from that data.
● Technical ownership for the development and delivery of product features as a member of an agile team in our global Engineering organization. This responsibility includes design, code, test, technical documentation, technical training and stakeholder presentations.
● Provide subject matter expertise on multiple functional areas. In this capacity, be a steward for improving and maintaining the quality of the functional area. This includes providing guidance and collaborating with developers, testers, architects, documentation and product managers to realize high quality feature deliverables in these functional areas.
● Work on a Scrum Team using Agile principles and methodology; participate in backlog grooming, breaking epics into smaller features, and team Sprint Planning meetings; complete technical spikes as needed on new technologies or designs; assist others with user stories definition
● Fix complex bugs, provide solutions, and improve the current system and document the impact areas of the product; identify and document root cause analysis; identify technical debt areas that need to be addressed in the product; diagnose and resolve performance issues with scaling the product
● Explore and study new technologies to stay up-to-date with the latest technical changes in the market
● Coach team members on design and implementation of features in the product; assist with training sessions and establishing standards and guidelines for development
● Responsible for code reviews for multiple teams
● Contribute to institutional knowledge through established forums including internal newsletter articles, external blogs, training sessions and study groups. Identify and promote areas of learning within the Engineering team.
● Support and collaborate with partner teams within Zaloni on client engagements.
● Assign tasks and guide development for less experienced team members.
● Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Engineering or foreign equivalent or equivalent experience
● Minimum of seven (7) years of experience actively developing web and big data applications
● Strong knowledge of Java, Maven, Spring and Hibernate with the ability to work independently with these technologies
● Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
● Strong understanding and experience with clean code, software reuse, refactoring, secure coding
● Strong experience with API design and implementation
● Strong understanding and experience with agile practices
● Very good written and oral communication and presentation skills
● Strong understanding of cloud technologies and specific experience with at least one (1) major cloud platform
● Strong understanding of big data technologies including MapReduce, Hadoop, Spark, and Hive and good experience with these technologies in the Cloud including EMR, HDInsight, and Google DataProc
● Strong understanding of key programming concepts and Java implementation of each, such as data structures, algorithms, OOPS, exception handling, collections, multi-threaded programming, and RDBMS basics.
● Globally-distributed teams
● Big data development with Spark
● Data management platforms and use cases
● Persistence patterns, Relational, NoSQL, GraphDB storage
● Microservices patterns, containerization, serverless
● Application and system level testing and automation
● High availability, Scalability, Enterprise readiness
Our Awesome Company
Zaloni simplifies big data for transformative business insights. We work with pioneering enterprises to modernize their data architecture and operationalize their data lakes to incorporate data into everyday business practices. Zaloni’s data management platform, Arena, provides total control throughout the data pipeline from ingestion to analytics, with comprehensive data management, governance and self-service data
preparation capabilities for IT and business users. A leader in big data for more than a decade, Zaloni’s expertise is deep, spans multiple industries, and has proven invaluable to customers at many of the world’s top companies. We are proud to be recognized by CRN’s 2017 Big Data 100 list, Forbes top 20 big data companies to work for, and Red Herring’s Top 100 North America Award.
For additional information, please visit www.zaloni.com.