Work with our Portfolio Companies.
Making your next career move? Check out the openings at our Portfolio Companies.
Movandi has made a big impact on 5G in a short amount of time — from foundational research and innovative modular, high efficiency mmWave system design to the introduction of our BeamXR 5G system that delivers improvements in performance, coverage, and latency to connect 5G everywhere. Now more than ever, 5G--supported by Movandi technology--is becoming an integral part of the telecommunications landscape. And we’re only getting started.
At Movandi we work as a team. We like hard problems and solving them with the sharpest people. Are you looking to make a difference on the future of technology? At Movandi, you will help solve the growing challenges of deploying 5G mmWave networks. You will make an impact.
About the Role:
Movandi is looking for a motivated and skilled Staff Embedded Software Engineer to join our team. As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting the Systems Team in the design, development and production of mmWave phased arrays, repeaters and other systems for 5G.
Duties and responsibilities:
· Planning, developing, testing and deploying embedded software, primarily in C and Python
· Supporting bring up and testing of new products
· Mentoring and guiding junior engineers
· Working with clients to debug and support existing products
· Developing software for unit testing and test automation.
· Working with the SW manager and system’s team to define SW design architecture
· Writing and maintaining firmware documentation
· Completed Bachelor of Engineering/Mechatronics/Electrical Engineering or related degree (Master’s preferred).
· 6+ years of programming experience in C & Python
· Demonstrated experience in object-oriented programming (ideally in Python)
· 6+ years of experience in embedded systems development, testing and deployment
· Experience with automated testing and module unit testing in python (Pytest, fictures,etc)
· Strong working knowledge of microcontrollers and Linux based embedded systems
· Experience interfacing with common embedded hardware peripherals (flash, eMMC, FPGA, GPIO, sensors, etc)
· Experience developing and interfacing with static / dynamic libraries for various embedded targets /architectures.
· Experience using version control & collaboration tools (Git, Confluence, Jenkins, etc)
· Experience with lab tools: (logic analyzer, JTAG debugger, oscilloscope, power supply, signal generator etc).
· Ability to work well in a team environment and collaborate with members across geographies.
· Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Must also have:
· Current permit to work full time in the United States on an ongoing basis (unfortunately we are not accepting applications from candidates overseas).
Successful applicants will be offered a competitive salary and company equity package, amongst other benefits. Our US office is in Irvine, California. We have a flexible working from home arrangements with our employees.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
California Residents: Pay range for this opportunity is $140,000 - $160,000 annually
This position is on site at the company’s headquarters in Irvine California.
Something looks off?