PackageX is revolutionizing the logistics industry with the world's first API First Logistics Cloud. PackageX empowers retail and commercial enterprises to achieve unprecedented success by delivering unparalleled developer experiences, workflow improvements, customer loyalty, and profitability through its logistics APIs, apps, and other cloud components.
Our vision is to build the most advanced logistics infrastructure company that orchestrates the movement of physical things and becomes the defining backbone of the digital supply chain.
We're a fast-growing Pre-Series A startup in New York City with a distributed global team backed by Bullpen Capital, Pritzker Group, Sierra Ventures, Ludlow Ventures, MXV Capital, and NSV Wolf Capital.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a highly-skilled Mobile Automation Engineer to design automation tests. Duties include designing automation scripts and finding solutions for automation problems. You should also be committed to developing skills in order to provide up-to-date solutions.
To be successful as a Mobile Automation Engineer, you should be exceptionally accurate and possess a superior mathematical aptitude. Ultimately, a top-notch test automation engineer will be proficient in programming languages and have excellent time management skills.
- Design and develop automated test scripts and frameworks for various types of applications, including mobile and wrapper apps.
- Execute automated tests, analyze results, and report defects and bugs to the development team.
- Collaborate with development teams to understand application requirements and ensure they are met during testing.
- Troubleshoot and debug issues that arise during the testing process.
- Implement and maintain continuous integration and deployment processes using tools like Jenkins, Git, and Docker.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest testing and automation technologies and methodologies, and suggest improvements where necessary.
- Collaborate with the QA team to create and maintain test documentation, including test plans, test cases, and test reports.
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure that automated tests are maintainable, reliable, and efficient.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to junior members of the team.
- Strong problem-solving skills; the ability to analyze automation testing problems and develop actionable and appropriate tactical plans quickly.
We are looking for someone who has:
- 4+ years of experience is required.
- Experience in creating frameworks for mobile application automation.
- Experience with testing and automation tools such as Appium, Selendroid, Robotium, or Espresso.
- Strong understanding of software development methodologies and software testing principles.
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery methodologies.
- Experience with API Testing (Mainly with Postman to get help in automation scripts).
- Experience with Web automation frameworks and tools will be a plus (Selenium, TestNg).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
What can you expect from the application process?
All applications will be looked at by the People team who will reach out to shortlisted candidates. Across various interview rounds, you'll speak with the hiring manager and other functional heads. We want to have an open discussion about your work and how we can be a great fit for each other. The process may also involve an assessment or presentation relevant to the role. You can expect an offer after three rounds of interviews. All offers are subject to satisfactory reference and background checks.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, genetics, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.