SupportLogic SX™ is a platform that elevates customer service experience by leveraging natural language processing (NLP) and machine learning (ML). The platform seamlessly integrates with your existing ticketing system (such as Salesforce Service Cloud, Zendesk, Microsoft Dynamics), reads all the comments in every ticket to extract key signals related to customer sentiment and churn, predicting outcomes and providing proactive recommendations. Customer Support and Success organizations use the platform to stay on top of how their customers feel about them thus improving customer relationships, products and operations.
We are a well-funded startup with investments from top tier investors in Silicon Valley (Sorenson Ventures, Sierra Ventures) and a customer list that is a who’s-who of Enterprise IT companies. We are privileged to have customers who are not only outspoken fans of our product but also prove it by renewing every year.
**Type:** Monthly Contractor to Full Time Employee
(You may start as a contractor, but we will be able to hire Full Time Employees in the coming months)
**Overview of role:**
The team at SupportLogic is dedicated to improving the experience of today's Support professionals while helping companies serve and retain their customers through intelligent escalations, proactive interactions, and problem resolutions. In order to serve our customers in a way that enables them to serve their users, we are currently seeking customer-centric, energetic, and highly motivated individuals to join our Core Workflows team. The engineers are responsible for building and scaling the experiences powered by the Python-based Fast APIs on the backend with microservices running on GCP and a sophisticated frontend with React.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to take leadership of key parts of our application, both from a technical and project delivery perspective. You will have the autonomy and support to break down product requirements into beautiful and simple experiences for customers.
**How your work will support our growth:**
* Lead agile development, driving technical excellence and timely project delivery by running efficient scrum ceremonies, fostering collaboration and ensuring a bias for action.
* Hands-on development of applications that drive simple and intuitive customer experiences
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define clear project objectives, and streamline communication for seamless execution. Drive collective success through effective leadership.
* Scope, develop, test, and support engineering needs of our product initiatives.
* Champion a culture of proactive problem-solving, rapid iteration, and continuous improvement. Drive results by aligning team efforts with company goals.
* Lead scrum activities to plan, develop and release working software.
* Mentor and guide a dynamic team of software engineers, elevating their skills and fostering innovation. Balance technical and leadership responsibilities effectively.
**About you (don't worry if you don't have this whole list- we expect you to learn with us):**
* Production level development experience building Full Stack web applications using Python-based microservices on the backend and React-based frontend
* Google Cloud experience, using Memstore, and Redis with solid command over multi-process stores.
* Demonstrated ability to apply your technical expertise to guide architectural decisions, code reviews, and troubleshooting. Lead by example in code quality and best practices.
* Education in Computer Science, Engineering, or training in a related field
* Comfortable with using tools like Slack, Github, and Atlassian/Confluence
* Experience with scaling backend services with Python APIs, data models, and microservices.
* Hands on work with machine learning/data science enabled technologies a plus.
SupportLogic SX™ is a platform that elevates customer service experience by leveraging natural language processing (NLP) and machine learning (ML) to seamlessly integrate with existing ticketing systems (such as Salesforce Service Cloud, Zendesk, Microsoft Dynamics), read all the comments in every ticket, and extract key signals related to customer sentiment. Our products help our customers predict outcomes and provides proactive recommendations and coaching to their agents. Customer Support and Success organizations use SupportLogic platform to understand how their customers feel, thus improving customer relationships, products and operations.
We are a well-funded startup with investments from top tier investors in Silicon Valley and India (including Westbridge, Sorenson Ventures, and Sierra Ventures) and a loyal customer list that is a who’s-who of Enterprise IT companies.
How we support our employees' growth and well-being (an abbreviated list- our goal is to have healthy, well-rounded employees):
Our differences make us better:
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is deep and core to the company we're building. Our users are diverse, and we believe that our company needs to reflect the diversity of our users in order to build the best possible product. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated at SupportLogic, and we pride ourselves in making sure that all employees feel heard, supported, and challenged. To that end, SupportLogic prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, marital status, national origin, mental or physical disability, political belief or affiliation, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of employment and application for employment.
If you are a California resident, please see our CCPA job applicant notice: